Our goal is to help you to create a safe environment at home. This overview of the different kinds of dementia will help you begin the process of putting your loved one in a safe, secure situation for living independently at home.
Please print our free "Understanding Dementia" handout, and feel free to share it with your friends and family.
About This Free "Understanding Dementia" HandoutMedical Care Alert offers this free "Understanding Dementia" handout to help families and caregivers starting to learn about dementia. This handout was part of a free webinar with Certified Dementia Expert Jill Gafner. Please link or direct people to https://www.medicalcarealert.com/Dementia.
What Does The Handout Cover?The handout from our "Understanding Dementia" webinar helps you understand the three phases of dementia, how to communicate with dementia sufferers, how to protect and take care of yourself while helping others.
What are the different types of dementia?Dementia is not one thing. There are several routes to similar symptoms.
- Alzheimer's. Cause problems with memory, language and reasoning.
- Vascular Dementia. Impaired judgement, difficulty with motor skills and balance. Heart disease and strokes increases its likelihood.
- Mixed Dementia. Several types of dementia contribute to symptoms, Most common in people over 85
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies. Caused by Lewy Body proteins. Symptoms can include hallucinations, disordered sleep.
- Parkinson's Disease. Can give rise to dementia symptoms as the condition progresses.
Learn more by speaking with your physician.