- How It Works
- Video Overview
- Technical Specs
Mobile Medical Alert System With GPS
Go Anywhere, Do What You Love! You’re protected 24/7 with GPS / WiFi / Cellular tracking when you need help.Introducing the HOME & AWAY ULTRA mobile cellular medical alert system, the best medical alert system that comes with GPS and Wi-Fi location services, 3-day battery life, and optional AutoFALL fall detection* protection.
Caregivers and family members can monitor the device status and gps tracking location with our RemoteCare 24/7 free smartphone app.
Benefits of a GPS Medical Alert System With Fall Detection
The HOME & AWAY ULTRA system combines all the benefits you’ve been looking for in a mobile medical alert system, making this the best elderly alert system to meet your needs:
- Ability to go anywhere and do anything: This system uses the 4G LTE Wireless cellular network for 50-state coverage. It is small and discreet, highly water resistant and under 2 ounces, so it can travel with you, and you can wear it in the shower.
- All-in-one features: GPS, Wi-Fi, Cellular service and fall detection can all be installed on a discreet, 2-ounce pendant.
- Triple location services: Our medical alert systems come with GPS, Wi-Fi and Cellular triangulation to help find your location fast.
- Automatic Fall Detection* (optional) - sensors can detect a fall and initiate a call for you
- No cell phone required: AT&T or Verizon Cellular service is built right into the pendant, included with your plan and completely independent from your personal cell phone.
- Do Anything – small and discreet, highly water resistant, under 2 ounces
- Worry-free use: This device comes with optional AutoFALL technology that can detect a fall and summon help, even if you can’t press the button*. Our EMT/EMD-Certified agents are on call 24/7 with your personal profile. GPS, Wi-Fi and Cellular location technology tell us your location if you’re unable to speak.
- We know WHO and WHERE you are – our EMT/EMD-Certified agents are on call 24/7 with your Personal Profile. GPS / WiFi / Cellular location technology tells us your location if you’re unable to speak.
- Additional free smartphone app: Our RemoteCare 24/7 smartphone app is available for iPhone and Android phones at no additional charge. This accessible app shows you the GPS home device location, weather, recent events and more!
- Caregiver notifications: Caregivers can find out when their loved one leaves the house and returns home with the unique GPS Home Beacon feature. This sends a simple text or email when the ULTRA device has been removed from — and is returned to — the charging cradle.
- Peace of mind: The 2-way voice pendant lets you speak with our emergency response operators, who will stay on the line until help arrives.
- Water Resistant: The pendant is highly water proof which lets you summon help even if they are in the bath or shower, where serious accidents can happen. The pendant meets the IPX-7 water spray test.
- Easy voice-prompted setup: Our voice-prompted system provides announcements during setup, programming, testing, battery test and full system check.
Advanced technology lets the HOME & AWAY ULTRA system to actually detect your movement patterns…helping to discern the difference between a sudden movement and an actual fall.* NOTE: Fall detector does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their help button when they need assistance. System requires daily charging, and access to Wireless Cellular network. Learn more about Automatic Fall Detection for seniors here.
HOW IT WORKS
- The HOME & AWAY ULTRA is designed to get you help anytime you press the button. After you press the emergency alert button, the following steps will occur:
- A signal is sent via cellular communication to our Emergency Response Center. Our agents will immediately know who and where you are with GPS location.
- We will talk to you over the 2-way voice pendant and see what kind of help you need.
- You'll tell us if you need a family member, neighbor or emergency services — like the police, fire department or EMS. We will send for the help you need so you don't have to.
- We then call your emergency contact list to notify them of the situation and send text messages to their cell phones.
Optional Automatic Fall Detection AutoFALL* feature:
- Our fall detection pendant automatically detect falls and contacts our emergency response center…even if you don’t press the button.
- New technology has increased the accuracy and sensitivity of our fall detection medical alert systems. With our new fall detection systems, you can live independently and worry free, knowing that the fall alert device can summon help for you if you can’t press the button yourself.
- Fall detection adds an extra layer of protection and assurance that help is on the way in the event of a fall where the wearer is unable to press the button. Using a combination of sensors and software, the pendant detects changes in motion patterns. When the pendant detects changes that indicate the wearer has fallen, it announces that a “fall has been detected” and contacts the monitoring center.
- In the event that the wearer has not fallen and the signal was triggered, you can cancel the call by pressing the help button for two seconds.
- Real-time "Where's Mom" functionality
- Breadcrumb (History of where Mom has been)
- Familiar Place Notification (GeoFence, "Did Mom arrive or leave a particular location (i.e. Doctor))"
- Emergency Call Center Calls
- Weather alerts in your loved one's area
- @Home Beacon lets you know when the ULTRA device has been removed from (and returned to) the charging cradle. You’ll get a simple notification via text/email, letting you know. Typically, families use this feature to notify them when the wearer has left home, and later returned home.
- "Ping" the ULTRA medical alert device to make it ring for 30 seconds - helpful when the device is misplaced in the home.
- Shows cellular signal strength, and battery charge level.
- Central location for caregiving team to view prescriptions, doctors, medical conditions and medical forms
Emergency Alert System Notifications
- The ULTRA uses networks which support the emergency alert system (EAS) that provides national public warnings within 10 minutes during a national emergency.
- State and local authorities may also use the system to deliver important emergency information such as weather, imminent threats, Amber alerts and local incident information targeted to specific areas. All the network providers support EAS.
- Amber alerts are suppressed in ULTRA's firmware versions 5574 and above. However, we do not suppress weather, imminent threats or national emergency alerts due the potential severity of those types of alerts.
HOME & AWAY ULTRA MEDICAL ALERT SYSTEM WITH GPS Cellular Medical Alert System Device:
- Shatter Resistant 6ft
- Water Resistant IPX7
- Operational Temp -5 to 140F
- Stand By Battery Handset 120 Hours
- Dimensions 2.87" x 1.85" x 0.73"
- Weight 1.8 oz
- Cellular 4G LTE (approved on AT&T and Verizon Network). This is seperate and independent from any personal cell phone you may have.
Notable Features of Our GPS Mobile Medical Alert Systems
At Medical Care Alert, we take your and your loved one's safety very seriously. To get you the help you need during an emergency situation, our medical alert systems include these notable features.
Want to know more? Check out our frequently asked questions FAQ:
Q. How Does The Cellular Communication Work?
- HOME & AWAY ULTRA uses the AT&T or Verizon 4G LTE cellular network to allow users to get help across the US, both at home and away. Neither you nor your family need to purchase AT&T or Verizon cellular contracts; the cellular coverage is included in the monthly service fee for the HOME & AWAY ULTRA medical alert system with GPS.
- No personal cell phone is required - the ULTRA has it's own cellular chip (SIM Card) built in.
Q. How does the Automatic Fall Detection work?
- Automatic Fall detection is an optional service for HOME & AWAY ULTRA and uses patented algorithms to detect falls.
- If a fall is detected, users will be connected to specialists who can dispatch emergency services if needed. Users will be able to tell specialists if they do not need assistance.
- We cannot guarantee that the service will always accurately determine a fall. It is advised that users always press the button if they need help.
- The fall detection feature can be enabled and disabled by calling customer service at 877-913-3680
Q. How do the GPS Location Services find my location at home or away from home?
- HOME & AWAY ULTRA utilizes A-GPS technology. A-GPS stands for Assisted Global Positioning System. It enhances the performance of a basic GPS’s location time and accuracy.
- Compared with regular GPS systems, A-GPS provides much faster positioning even when GPS signal conditions are weak. A-GPS takes less power (saving battery life) and time to acquire satellite and cell tower signals and finds the user quicker.
- Under stand-alone GPS operation, a GPS receiver typically needs more than 30 seconds to receive the satellite position data and other satellite information required to compute a position.
- In weak signal areas such as urban canyons, building interiors or locations surrounded by tall trees, where the receiver has limited or no direct access to the open sky, determining a positioning can take much longer.
- A-GPS can locate a moving object within 5 yards in most cases, depending on the signal strength from satellites and cell towers.
- The ULTRA device reports its location every 30 minutes when out of the charging cradle. This is to save battery life.
- The ULTRA is NOT a “real-time” GPS tracker. Notifications are not sent instantaneously, but when the device reports its location. To obtain current device location, tap the “Locate” tile on the app.
Q. Do I need Wi-Fi? How does the Wi-Fi Location Technology work?
- No Wi-Fi, internet, personal cell phone or landline is required.
- HOME & AWAY ULTRA can detect Wi-Fi hotspots around the user to enable care specialists to locate the user in an emergency and to help determine if the user is at home. Wi-Fi and internet service is NOT required, but if you have it, the ULTRA will take advantage of it for location services.
Q. What is Cellular Triangulation Location Technology?
- Cellular triangulation uses three towers to determine a phone location within three-quarters of a mile. While this may not be as accurate as GPS, it provides a better back-up location system with limited signal.
- Using cell towers to detect location is not as accurate as GPS. Locating a mobile phone based on a single cell tower can place the mobile phone in a broad area, but it cannot pinpoint it. As the phone connects to more towers, the accuracy improves. By using cell tower triangulation (3 towers), it is possible to determine a phone location to within an area of about ¾ square mile.
- In densely populated urban areas, the cell towers are close together, and a much closer estimation of phone location can be made than in a rural area, where the towers are far apart.
- If the nearest cell tower is busy, the cell signal would be picked up by the next nearest tower which could decrease location accuracy to beyond ¾ square mile or 30 meters of that cell tower.
- The HOME & AWAY ULTRA enables care specialists to use cellular triangulation to determine if the user is likely at home, enabling faster dispatch.
Q. What are the caregiving tracking features in the app?
- The caregiver tracking features offered include checking the location of the device, monitoring the battery level of the device, and pinging the device to make it ring for 30 seconds if it gets misplaced.
- These features are available for free download and are included in the RemoteCare 24/7 app available for both iOS Apple iPhones and Android smartphones.
NOTE: Fall detector does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their help button when they need assistance. System requires daily charging, and access to AT&T or Verizon Wireless Cellular network.
Our HOME & AWAY ULTRA Mobile Cellular Medical Alert System with GPS protects you when you are at home or on-the-go, 24/7.
It's perfect for folks who work, travel or are highly active and want to be protected everywhere they go.
Best of all, it’s reliable, easy to use, and affordable.
The ULTRA is about the size of a Tic-Tac box. It's a powerful all-in-one device that combines 2-way voice communication and GPS tracking. Fall Detection* available for just a few dollars a month more.
It's basically a miniature cell phone that's programmed to make one call...to our Emergency Response Center.When you press on the HELP button it will beep and say "calling the emergency response center now". We'll know WHO and WHERE you are and ask if you need help. You tell us what kind of assistance you need. It's a lifeline emergency alert that works everywhere in the USA.
- How An Elderly Alert System Can Provide Peace Of Mind
- Lifesaving Benefits Of A Medical Alert Device
- Benefits Of Medical Alert Devices
The HOME & AWAY ULTRA Mobile medical system has 3X location services to find you fast - GPS, WiFi and Cellular triangulation. We'll know WHO and WHERE you are and be able to dispatch help to your location. You can even locate the device with our "RemoteCare 24/7 App" feature online from any smartphone (iPhone and Android).
When you press the button you'll speak directly into the pendant with an EMT/EMD-Certified Operator in our Emergency Response Center. Depending on what help you need, we'll contact family or caregivers, or alert Life Safety EMS responders to get you help fast. We follow up by calling and texting your emergency contacts so everyone knows you're getting help.Call today to learn more, click here to see more details.
*NOTE: Automatic Fall Detection is an optional feature and does not detect 100% of falls. User should always press the button for help if they are able to.
Place an Order for Your GPS Medical Alert System Today
You need a medical system manufacturer you can trust — Medical Care Alert is an award-winning service that helps older adults live gracefully at home. Order your device today, and we can ship it the same or next business day.