- How It Works
- Video Overview
- Technical Specs
Go Anywhere, Do What You Love! You’re protected 24/7 with GPS / WiFi / Cellular tracking when you need help.Introducing the HOME & AWAY ULTRA mobile cellular medical alert system with GPS and Wi-Fi location services, 3-day battery life, and optional AutoFALL protection.
Caregivers and family members can monitor the device status and location with our RemoteCare 24/7 free smartphone app.
The HOME & AWAY ULTRA system combines all the benefits you’ve been looking for:
- Go Anywhere – uses the 4G LTE Wireless cellular network for 50 state coverage
- All-In-One - GPS, WiFi, Cellular, Fall Detection all-in-one 2 ounce pendant
- Triple Location Services - Medical Alert System with GPS, WiFi and Cellular triangulation to help find your location fast
- No Cell Phone Required - It's built right into the pendant. AT&T or Verizon Cellular Service is included with your plan, completely independent from your personal cell phone.
- Do Anything – small and discreet, highly water resistant, under 2 ounces
- Worry-free – optional AutoFALL technology can detect a fall and summon help, even if you can’t press the button*
- We know WHO and WHERE you are – our EMT/EMD-Certified agents are on call 24/7 with your Personal Profile. GPS / WiFi / Cellular location technology tells us your location if you’re unable to speak.
- Free Smartphone App – our "RemoteCare 24/7" smartphone app shows you the device location, weather, recent events and more! Available for iPhone and Android Phones at no additional charge! GPS / WiFi / Cellular location technology tells us your location if you’re unable to speak.
- Caregiver Notifications: Find out when mom or dad leave the house, and then come back home. The ULTRA has a unique "@Home Beacon" feature notifying you when the ULTRA device has been removed from (and returned to) the charging cradle. You’ll get a simple notification via text/email, letting you know. Typically, families use this feature to notify them when the wearer has left home, and later returned home.
- Comfort knowing someone is there – the 2-way voice pendant lets you speak with our emergency response operators, who upon request will stay on the line until help arrives.
- Water Resistant The pendant lets you summon help even if they are in the bath or shower, where serious accidents can happen. The pendant meets the IPX-7 water spray test.
- Easy Voice Prompted Setup Voice Prompted System Provides announcements during set-up, programming, testing, battery test and full system check.
Advanced technology lets the HOME & AWAY ULTRA system to actually detect your movement patterns…helping to discern the difference between a sudden movement and an actual fall.* NOTE: Fall detector does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their help button when they need assistance. System requires daily charging, and access to Wireless Cellular network. Learn more about Automatic Fall Detection for seniors here.
HOW IT WORKS
- The HOME & AWAY ULTRA is designed to get you help anytime you press the button.
- When you press the button, a signal is sent via cellular communcation to our Emergency Response Center. Our agents will know WHO and WHERE you are.
- We will talk to you over the 2-way voice pendant and see what kind of help you need.
- You'll tell us if you need a family member, neighbor, or emergency services (police/fire/EMS). We'll get you the help you need.
- We then call your emergency contact list to notifiy them of the situation, and send text messages to their cell phones.
Optional Automatic Fall Detection AutoFALL* feature:
- Our fall detection pendant automatically detect falls and contacts our emergency response center…even if you don’t press the button.
- New technology has increased the accuracy and sensitivity of our fall detection medical alert systems. With our new fall detection systems, you can live independently and worry free, knowing that the system can summon help for you if you can’t press the button yourself.
- Fall detection adds an extra layer of protection and assurance that help is on the way in the event of a fall where the wearer is unable to press the button. Using a combination of sensors and software, the pendant detects changes in motion patterns. When the pendant detects changes that indicate the wearer has fallen, it announces that a “fall has been detected” and contacts the monitoring center.
- In the event that the wearer has not fallen and the signal was triggered, you can cancel the call by pressing the help button for two seconds.
- Real-time "Where's Mom" functionality
- Breadcrumb (History of where Mom has been)
- Familiar Place Notification (GeoFence, "Did Mom arrive or leave a particular location (i.e. Doctor))"
- Emergency Call Center Calls
- Weather alerts in your loved one's area
- @Home Beacon lets you know when the ULTRA device has been removed from (and returned to) the charging cradle. You’ll get a simple notification via text/email, letting you know. Typically, families use this feature to notify them when the wearer has left home, and later returned home.
- "Ping" the ULTRA device to make it ring for 30 seconds - helpful when the device is misplaced in the home.
- Shows cellular signal strength, and battery charge level.
- Central location for caregiving team to view prescriptions, doctors, medical conditions and medical forms
Emergency Alert System Notifications
- The ULTRA uses networks which support the emergency alert system (EAS) that provides national public warnings within 10 minutes during a national emergency.
- State and local authorities may also use the system to deliver important emergency information such as weather, imminent threats, Amber alerts and local incident information targeted to specific areas. All the network providers support EAS.
- Amber alerts are suppressed in ULTRA's firmware versions 5574 and above. However, we do not suppress weather, imminent threats or national emergency alerts due the potential severity of those types of alerts.
HOME & AWAY ULTRA MEDICAL ALERT SYSTEM WITH GPS Cellular Medical Alert System Device:
- Shatter Resistant 6ft
- Water Resistant IPX7
- Operational Temp -5 to 140F
- Stand By Battery Handset 120 Hours
- Dimensions 2.87" x 1.85" x 0.73"
- Weight 1.8 oz
- Cellular 4G LTE (approved on AT&T and Verizon Network). This is seperate and independent from any personal cell phone you may have.
- HOME & AWAY ULTRA uses the AT&T or Verizon 4G LTE cellular network to allow users to get help across the US, both at home and away. Neither you nor your family need to purchase AT&T or Verizon cellular contracts; the cellular coverage is included in the monthly service fee for the HOME & AWAY ULTRA medical alert system with GPS.
- No personal cell phone is required - the ULTRA has it's own cellular chip (SIM Card) built in.
- Automatic Fall detection is an optional service for HOME & AWAY ULTRA and uses patented algorithms to detect falls.
- If a fall is detected, users will be connected to specialists who can dispatch emergency services if needed. Users will be able to tell specialists if they do not need assistance.
- We cannot guarantee that the service will always accurately determine a fall. It is advised that users always press the button if they need help.
- The fall detection feature can be enabled and disabled by calling customer service at 877-913-3680
- HOME & AWAY ULTRA utilizes A-GPS technology. A-GPS stands for Assisted Global Positioning System. It enhances the performance of a basic GPS’s location time and accuracy.
- Compared with regular GPS systems, A-GPS provides much faster positioning even when GPS signal conditions are weak. A-GPS takes less power (saving battery life) and time to acquire satellite and cell tower signals and finds the user quicker.
- Under stand-alone GPS operation, a GPS receiver typically needs more than 30 seconds to receive the satellite position data and other satellite information required to compute a position.
- In weak signal areas such as urban canyons, building interiors or locations surrounded by tall trees, where the receiver has limited or no direct access to the open sky, determining a positioning can take much longer.
- A-GPS can locate a moving object within 5 yards in most cases, depending on the signal strength from satellites and cell towers.
- The ULTRA device reports its location every 30 minutes when out of the charging cradle. This is to save battery life.
- The ULTRA is NOT a “real-time” GPS tracker. Notifications are not sent instantaneously, but when the device reports its location. To obtain current device location, tap the “Locate” tile on the app.
- HOME & AWAY ULTRA can detect WiFi hotspots around the user to enable care specialists to locate the user in an emergency and to help determine if the user is at home.
- Wi-Fi and internet service is NOT required. But if you have it, the ULTRA will take advantage of it for location services.
- Using cell towers to detect location is not as accurate as GPS. Locating a mobile phone based on a single cell tower can place the mobile phone in a broad area, but it cannot pinpoint it. As the phone connects to more towers, the accuracy improves. By using cell tower triangulation (3 towers), it is possible to determine a phone location to within an area of about ¾ square mile.
- In densely populated urban areas, the cell towers are close together, and a much closer estimation of phone location can be made than in a rural area, where the towers are far apart.
- If the nearest cell tower is busy, the cell signal would be picked up by the next nearest tower which could decrease location accuracy to beyond ¾ square mile or 30 meters of that cell tower.
NOTE: Fall detector does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their help button when they need assistance. System requires daily charging, and access to AT&T or Verizon Wireless Cellular network.
Our HOME & AWAY ULTRA Mobile Cellular Medical Alert System with GPS protects you when you are at home or on-the-go, 24/7.
It's perfect for folks who work, travel or are highly active and want to be protected everywhere they go.
Best of all, it’s reliable, easy to use, and affordable.
The ULTRA is about the size of a Tic-Tac box. It's a powerful all-in-one device that combines 2-way voice communication and GPS tracking. Fall Detection* available for just a few dollars a month more.
It's basically a miniature cell phone that's programmed to make one call...to our Emergency Response Center.
When you press on the HELP button it will beep and say "calling the emergency response center now". We'll know WHO and WHERE you are and ask if you need help. You tell us what kind of assistance you need. It's a lifeline emergency alert that works everywhere in the USA.
You might say something like "I've fallen but I'm not hurt....call my daughter". Because not every situation requires an ambulance and a fire truck.
But if it is an emergency that requires EMT's, we'll dispatch help right away and notify the folks on your emergency contact list to let them know what's going on.
The battery can last up to three days, but we prefer that you charge it daily. Most folks will charge it at night, and put the charging station on their night stand so it's ready to go the next day.
You can wear the device around your neck with our soft, breakaway lanyard. Or wear it on your hip with our belt clip. It's up to you! And its shower-safe to get wet, so you'll always have it with you.
Our HOME & AWAY ULTRA Mobile Medical Alert System with GPS provides you with peace of mind, knowing you can get help at the push of a button in an emergency. There is nothing to buy, and no long term commitments. And unlike other companies…your pricing is locked in, guaranteed to never go up!
The HOME & AWAY ULTRA Mobile medical system has 3X location services to find you fast - GPS, WiFi and Cellular triangulation. We'll know WHO and WHERE you are and be able to dispatch help to your location. You can even locate the device with our "RemoteCare 24/7 App" feature online from any smartphone (iPhone and Android).
When you press the button you'll speak directly into the pendant with an EMT/EMD-Certified Operator in our Emergency Response Center. Depending on what help you need, we'll contact family or caregivers, or alert Life Safety EMS responders to get you help fast. We follow up by calling and texting your emergency contacts so everyone knows you're getting help.Call today to learn more, click here to see more details.
*NOTE: Automatic Fall Detection is an optional feature and does not detect 100% of falls. User should always press the button for help if they are able to.