Take these precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus.The novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases.
Scientists have isolated the coronavirus causing COVID-19 and found it to be at least 70% similar in genetic sequence to MERS and SARS viruses.
COVID-19 can take up to 10-days between infection and detection when symptoms are present. Incubation takes 5 to 6 days, detection takes 4 to 5 days. Patients are most infectious during the first three days of illness. Seniors and the elderly are particularly susceptible to this virus.
COVID-19 Corona Virus Symptoms include:
- Breathing Difficulty
- Shortness of breath
- Severe cases can include pneumonia, severe acute respiratory infection, kidney failure and ultimately death.
How to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus:
- Frequent Hand-washing. Thoroughly wash hands and exposed portions of arms with hand soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize Hands. Use alcohol-based hand sanitized without rinse.
- Cover Nose and Mouth. Cough or sneeze into a tissue or flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness
- Encourage employees to stay at home or visit the doctor if they are sick.