Choosing the right Medicare Advantage plan is important for several reasons.
Here are some of the key reasons:
- 1. Access to healthcare services: Medicare Advantage plans offer different networks of healthcare providers, including doctors, hospitals, and clinics. Picking the right plan can ensure that you have access to the healthcare services you need, and that you can see the doctors and specialists you prefer.
- 2. Cost: Different Medicare Advantage plans have different costs, including premiums, deductibles, copays, and coinsurance. Picking the right plan can help you manage your healthcare expenses and avoid unexpected bills.
- 3. Benefits: Medicare Advantage plans can offer additional benefits beyond what is covered by original Medicare, such as dental, vision, and hearing services, as well as prescription drug coverage. Picking the right plan can help you get the benefits you need at a cost you can afford.
- 4. Personal health needs: Everyone has unique healthcare needs, and picking the right Medicare Advantage plan can help you get the care you need. For example, if you have a chronic health condition or need ongoing medical care, you may want to pick a plan with more comprehensive coverage.
- 5. Enrollment periods: There are specific enrollment periods for Medicare Advantage plans, and missing these periods can limit your options or result in penalties. Picking the right plan during the enrollment period can help ensure that you have the coverage you need when you need it.
Overall, picking the right Medicare Advantage plan is crucial to ensuring that you have access to the healthcare services you need, at a cost you can afford. It's important to review your options carefully and consider your personal health needs when choosing a plan.
So often I meet with folks who pick a Medicare Advantage (or Medigap / Supplemental Plan) based on emotions rather than facts. What the heck do I mean to pick a Medicare plan based on emotions rather than facts?
Pretty simple, actually.
Some folks might pick a plan based on emotions. This might mean: My doctor told me to pick it, my neighbor told me to pick it, the commercial on TV told me to pick it, the solicitor on the phone told me to pick it or the junk mail on my kitchen table told me to pick it. - OR - Perhaps you “THINK” that a plan is “best” because of the name of the company or the cost of the plan …. It costs more so it must be better than other plans.
Those reasons are all garbage!
We should pick a plan based on FACTS. Huh, what does that mean?
Facts might be:
- Are my doctors in plan?
- Are my prescriptions in plan?
- Is my pharmacy in plan?
- How about my physical therapist?
- What about my psychiatrist or mental health therapist?
- Can I travel with this plan?
You see, these are concrete reasons to pick a plan, not emotional ones.
Picking the wrong plan for the wrong reasons can cost you a lot of money. You see, if your doctors or prescriptions are not in plan, guess what …. YOU pay for it.
And where does that money come from?
Guess again …. Your pocket!
Don’t be fooled by these crazy emotions. Pick a plan based on FACT not EMOTIONS!
If I can be of assistance, reach out to me anytime. There is never a cost (EVER!) for my services and I don’t work for the insurance companies. I am trained every year by Medicare to help folks all over Michigan get into the right / best plan for their needs!
About The Author:
Debbie Stroup, your Michigan Medicare Specialist www.michiganmedicarespecialist.com Office (phone or text) 248-227-0347 firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: Michigan Medicare Specialist Podcast: Anywhere you get your podcasts. Search for “Simply Medicare.”