How to set up your HOME & YARD Medical Alert System from Medical Care Alert
The HOME & YARD Medical Alert System lets you speak to our EMT/EMD-Certified operators right through the medical alert pendant -- you can be anywhere inside or outside the house within a 600 foot range of the base station -- that's two football fields!
When you press the button it signals the console to contact our emergency response monitoring center over your phone line. When the monitoring center answers, you will speak with an EMT/EMD-Certified operator through the two-way voice pendant.
The operator will know who you are, will take appropriate action, and will stay on the line until help arrives.
If for any reason they cannot hear you, or you are unable to speak, they will dispatch EMS services right away.
Let's see what's in the box:
- Instructions and your Personal Profile and agreement-- please complete, sign and return right away - The main console with power cord and phone line - The two-say voice pendant, with a lanyard, belt clip, and wrist strap - Two batteries for the 2-way voice pendant (these are NOT triple-A batteries) - DSL Filter
Here is how to set up your HOME & YARD Medical Alert System:
- Step 1: Connect the AC Adapter into Jack on the back of the console. Give it a half turn twist to lock it in place. - Then plug the Adapter into an electrical outlet NOT controlled by a light switch. - Step 2: Turn the ON/OFF switch on the underside of the console to the ON position. - Step 3: Plug the phone cord into the first Jack on the back of the console marked "Line IN", the other end into the wall jack. - If you need to plug in a house phone in the same vicinity, plug it into the second Jack marked "To House Phone". Lift telephone receiver and check for dial tone. If "no dial tone" review your steps and try again. - Cordless phone bases should be placed 3-5 feet away so they don't interfere with the pendant signal. - Step 4: If there is no battery in the pendant, insert one with the smooth end up. The pendant will tell you if the battery is fully charged.
Base Unit Console :
- Power Indicator: Solid red when power is on. Flashes red when on battery power. - Info Indicator: Solid green when pendant is in use. Flashes green when battery is low or pendant is learning. - Pendant Battery Charging Compartment: Light is RED when battery is charging, GREEN when fully charged, and OFF when battery is not detected in charger. - STICKERS WITH TEST PHONE NUMBER & YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT NUMBER
Here is where everything is on the 2-way voice Pendant:
- Battery Compartment: Twist left to open, insert a 3.7v Li-ion rechargeable battery positive side down. Close by twisting to the right until tight. Put other battery in the Console charger. - LED Indicator: Flashes red when pendant is activated. - Blue Call Button: Press for 4 seconds to initiate a call - Gray Test Button (back): Press to test system and battery or to hang up a call
To Test the HOME & YARD Medical Alert System:
- Call 1-877-913-5699 to put your unit on LIVE TEST MODE. - They will ask for your PASSWORD -- this is the same as your ACCOUNT NUMBER ON THE STICKER - After you hang up with the operator, press your pendant once for 4 seconds - There will be a series of beeps, you may hear a dialing sound, and lastly the unit will go silent. It will take 60-90 seconds during test mode -- don't disconnect, hang up or press your button again. - An operator will come on and let you know that the signal was received and will verify your address and answer any questions.
Set up is complete!!
SOME DO'S AND DON'TS FOR YOUR HOME & YARD MEDICAL ALERT SYSTEM:
- Set-up your unit in a centrally located place. This allows two-way communication to be used effectively. - During your first test, do a "range test" to know how far you can go outside the home. Re-position unit if necessary. - Test your system weekly, and call us first before testing - Send back your Personal Profile and contract right away
- DON'T use a power strip, extension cord or plug controlled by a light switch - DON'T change our phone cord -- it is a special cord for medical alarms - DON'T test without calling us first -- otherwise you'll tie up our emergency operators on a non-emergency call - DON'T change your phone service provider without checking with us first -- some phone services won't work with this medical alert system