How To Win The Angie's List Super Service AwardEditor's Note: Since this article was originally published in 2014, Medical Care Alert has been awarded the Super Service Award for six consecutive years.
There is a secret to winning the Angie's List Super Service Award...and it's actually pretty easy when you know how...
Medical Care Alert has won the Angie's List Super Service Award for the past two years running. It's a pretty amazing accomplishment, and one that we take a lot of pride it. It reflects the dedication of our customer service team (and everyone in the company, really) who spend the extra time with our medical alert customers, making sure they get the most our of their medical alert system.
In case you are not familiar with Angie's List and the Super Service Award, here's what it's all about:
- Angie's List is a paid subscription service where over 2 million members can search for home service providers like roofers and plumbers, and search for medical professionals as well.
- Angie's List members submit more than 60,000 reviews every month about the companies they hire. They include incredible details about how the project went (including cost), and grade the company's response time, price, professionalism and quality of work -- good or bad -- on an A to F scale.
- Because they do not accept anonymous reviews, you know they are "real". Most are verified by live agents in their Indianapolis headquarters.
- The Angie?s List Super Service Award is presented to only the top 5% of companies on Angie's list, reflecting a select group who go above-and-beyond for their customers. Winners have met strict eligibility requirements, which include an ?A? rating in overall grade, recent grade, and review period grade; the company must be in good standing with Angie?s List, have a fully complete profile, pass a background check and abide by Angie?s List operational guidelines.
Here's a sample of some of the actual member comments when folks have provided Medical Care Alert reviews on Angie's List:
- "Initially I ordered from a different firm and the device did not work and it was almost impossible to get customer service. Medical Care Alert was much more helpful, the device worked first time.."
- "They were very nice and friendly about listening to what I wanted instead of trying to sell me more than I needed."
- "After researching several medical alert providers, I chose Medical Care Alert. Thankfully, I have not needed them, but knowing that they "are there" is assuring."
- "Our experience has been very positive. We test it once every other week, and they are very positive on the phone. They have always been very helpful."
We are so grateful for the comments and feedback from all our customers, and we know that our Angie's List customers do a great job of researching before selecting a company, and have high expectations for quality and customer service.
So what's the secret to winning the Angie's List Super Service Award? Let's sum in up in three simple steps:
- Treat your customers like they are family members. In our business in particular, we work directly with seniors, family members and caregivers. These folks want everything to be "just right" for their elderly family member, and they want to know they can get help whenever they need it. We recognize that they may be dealing with stressful situations, and we want to make their lives as easy and simple as possible. So we always take the approach that we are dealing with our own grandmother or other family member and think about how we would want them to be treated.
- Admit your mistakes, always deal in the truth. We all know that nobody is perfect, and things don't always go the way you want them to, or expect them to. It's all in how you deal with the situation that matters. Cover-ups, blame, excuses, finger pointing don't do anyone any good. So when we make a mistake, we deal with it head on and truthfully, and make it right. And 99 times out of 100, our customers appreciate our honesty, forgive the mistake, and become even happier that they chose us.
- Over-deliver, and expect nothing in return. We work hard to make our customer's lives better by having our medical alert service. That includes checking in on them when they forget to test their systems regularly, staying in touch with the designated family members, and sometimes doing something special like sending a decorative "bling-bling" necklace to a customer who wants to dress up their button. It also means spending a few extra minutes on the phone and not rushing them when we get a call for service.
We appreciate all the great comments from our customers and Angie's List members. Let us know what YOU think is important about customer service!